Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quick but Memorable Beach Trip

I'm back from yet another vacation! On Monday, we headed down to North Myrtle Beach (Cherry Grove) to spend a few days with my Aunt Lin and cousins Lindsay and Karleigh. Because we didn't get down Monday night until around 9, we didn't have much time to do anything. But boy, were the kids excited to see us! I've got to admit, it's one of the best feelings in the world to know they're thrilled to spend time with me!

Tuesday afternoon, we headed out to run some errands as it was raining pretty hard and we couldn't go out on the beach. Afterward, we enjoyed a seafood lunch at Ella's restaurant in Calabash, NC. When we got back to the condo, we attempted to go out on the beach. Everything started out fairly well - even though it was cloudy, the girls were having a blast. Actually, my sister, Logan, and Lindsay were in for quite a surprise. While they were out playing in the ocean, a man who was surfing kindly came up and asked them if they would like to take a ride on his surfboard. Obviously, they couldn't turn that offer down! Logan and Lindsay had a blast riding it in to the shore a few times. Almost immediately after they got done playing, the wind picked up and began blowing like crazy. Then within seconds, the sky majorly darkened and thunder rolled. I swear, it was like a hurricane just sprouted up out of nowhere! We grabbed our things and made a mad dash for the room. Once we got there, we were out of breath and soaked! At the time it sucked, but looking back on it, it was hilarious.
After we cleaned up, my mom, Lin and I went to the mall to pick up a few things (such as a new dress for Saturday night! Score!) We then ate supper in the room and relaxed for the rest of the night.

The next morning, we headed back out on the beach where we saw several jellyfish - yuck! But once again, the kids had a blast playing in the ocean and many small cess pools along the shore. I love Cherry Grove for that reason - it's honestly a beautiful beach with things to do that are safe for all ages. The trip seemed to fly by as we left for home that afternoon. I had a great time with my family, Lin and the girls! They're a handful sometimes, but as sweet as can be. I can't count on my fingers how many times Karleigh randomly came up to me and said, "Yaya, you're beautiful!" Too cute!

Here's some pictures from our trip: 
 Logan and I got bored on the ride!

 Lindsay and Karleigh with their new kites.

 Logan: "SMILE, Lindsay!"

 Why are you taking my picture Lauren?
 Too sweet :)



 First surfboarding experience!

  Tired out after a long day of playing.. they look so innocent when they're sleeping!
 Thumbs up!

  Haha Karleigh's attempt at a "thumbs up"


So that's about it for this blog. Sorry, I know it wasn't very interesting, but it was a fun vacation for me! Tomorrow I'm going to get my hair done (YES!) and then Saturday night I'll be attending the Rascal Flatts concert with some of my best friends. I'll write later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment